Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baking Powder Biscuits: TWD Baking with Julia

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia - 63rd installment. The recipe is Baking Powder Biscuits.


Well, it's hard to go wrong with a Marion Cunningham recipe for a quick bread (although I still question the sunken muffins from a previous installment :-).  Her Breakfast Book is one of my staple cookbooks.
This recipe was quite easy, and the results were great.  It seemed to be a traditional method of rubbing in the butter, and then adding the liquid. Butter and gentle handling really make the biscuits better.  I don't usually put them next to each other, but it makes the sides softer, which was nice. 
Forget the artistic photos - here's what really happens to baked goods around here....

7 comments:

  1. Nice looking biscuits! Mine were ok, but didn't rise much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biscuits look good and they are so easy to make, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing happens to baked goods around my house too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. going for the grab! those little biscuits look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fluted biscuit cutter! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe we are on recipe 63 already!
    Love the "real" picture :-)

    ReplyDelete