|Yum. Where's the butter, honey, jam, Nutella....?|
Wow - what an easy recipe and a great result! Fabulous for toast and sandwiches (glad it made two loaves). I am an experienced bread baker, so this was kind of a no-brainer.
- I am the "whole grain" queen in my household, so my family was pleasantly surprised to get homemade white bread for a change :-)
- Kitchen Aid mixer was quite helpful for kneading. It worked hard and got warm, but handled it.
- Added a bit more (2 T.) water at the initial mixing, because it seemed a bit dry-ish. Maybe because of low humidity in the house. Was glad I did, because the dough consistency was just right.
- It did separate a bit when butter was added, so it was good to have reassurance in the recipe to expect that.
- Had to leave the house for a while after mixing it, so left bowl of dough to rise in our kitchen (temp around 64 degrees F) for two hours, and then I shaped it when I arrived home. It was just fine - not over-risen at all.
This seems like a good 'everyday' recipe - I will definitely make it again.
|Yeast proofing ("proving"?)|
|Loaves ready to rise|