Friday, April 12, 2013

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies - TWD: Baking with Julia

Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia - 29th Installment.  The recipe is Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
Wow!  This was yummy, and just as easy as it looked.  Thanks to the tips people provided before hand on the TWD chat, I used Starbucks Via decaf instant coffee, so people wouldn't have to be caffeinated just by eating a cookie.  It gave very good flavor.
Some household members were horrified at the thought of dried fruit 'contaminating' their chocolate/coffee flavor, so I made half of the batch without the apricots.  For the other half, I used dried cherries (from Traverse City, MI - Cherry Capital :-) and it was a delicious combination.
(I actually made this recipe on time for the deadline, but life was so busy I didn't get to post until now!)

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to use decaf! I'll have to remember that. Your cookies look so nice and plump - mine where quit thin - though very tasty.

    ReplyDelete